Contributing to our Communities
We believe in the power of giving back and have put that belief into action since 1902. Serving more than 889,000 customers in 267 cities and towns across Oklahoma and western Arkansas, we partner with local organizations that make a difference in their communities by meeting the needs of our customers.
We tap into the power of partnerships to create value for our customers and our local communities.
Creating a better future begins with a strong educational foundation. Our education initiatives ensure future generations learn responsible energy use and electric safety.
We are committed to energizing the communities we call home. As part of that promise, we support local and regional nonprofit organizations to create meaningful change throughout Oklahoma and western Arkansas.
Outreach & Volunteerism
Helping others is at the core of what we do. As a company, we set aside time and resources to make a positive impact through volunteering, mentorship and outreach opportunities.
By partnering with organizations and agencies, we work to support our local communities and the most vulnerable populations, who need help paying their electric bills.
Apply for a Grant
We support hundreds of local and regional nonprofit organizations in education, health & human services, environment, arts & culture, and community development to strengthen the resilient communities we serve throughout our service area.
Eligibility & Timeline
The OGE Energy Corp. Foundation is subject to Internal Revenue Service rules and regulations governing private and charitable foundations.
To qualify for grant funding consideration, your organization must meet the following criteria:
- Be a U.S.-based IRS 501(c)(3) qualified charitable or educational organization or an accredited K-12 educational institution
- Be geographically located where OG&E operates
- Serve communities without discrimination against any individual on the basis of race, creed, gender, age, sexual orientation or national origin
- Have a method by which to measure, track, and report program outcomes and specific results that demonstrate measurable community impact
The OGE Energy Corp. Foundation generally does not fund grants for programs and projects associated with, but not limited to, the following:
- An individual person or families
- Building or Capital investments and improvements
- Dinners, luncheons or other forms of indirect support
- Organizations that are not 501(c)(3) organizations
- Political parties or candidates
- Religious activities, in whole or in part, for the purpose of furthering religious doctrine. The Foundation will consider funding faith-based organizations which provide services to all clients regardless of denomination
- Sports teams/events such as tournaments (other than Special Olympics)
- Organizations offering goods or services to employees as a benefit of grant approval (e.g., participation in golf tournaments, reservations at fundraising dinners, tickets to special events, etc.)
Applications are accepted year-round; however, funding decisions are made three times a year. Applications are evaluated three times per year during committee meetings based on the following dates:
Oct. 1 - Jan. 31 (Committee Meeting in March)
Feb. 1 - May 31 (Committee Meeting in July)
June 1 - Sept. 31 (Committee Meeting in November)