Default FAQ Content - do not delete. If you do, the menu component will fail
Project Initiation
When should I submit a Project Initiation Application?
A Project Initiation Application is always required if you’re doing any of the following things: 
building a home or business starting from the earliest stage
developing a new community
expanding a home or business
searching for outdoor lighting to bring value to your project.
When can I reach OG&E’s New Construction Representatives?

We are available 8:00am - 4:30pm Monday through Friday. You can contact us by phone at 405-619-6500 or 1-800-380-4643.

What are the steps for project initiation?

First, determine you have a project based on minimum requirements. Then, complete the New Construction Application and provide all of the requested information. 

What do I need to know about easements?

An easement is a right to use real property of another for the specific purposes set out in the document granting the easement. Before a power line is built, the company attempts to acquire easements from property owners along the selected route as necessary. For OG&E, easements are typically granted by property owners to the utility for the purpose of constructing, operating and maintaining power lines and other equipment. Additionally, such easement rights typically include the right of ingress and egress, management of trees and other vegetation, either inside or outside the easement, that pose a threat to the reliability of the electric system, restoring the property to the same condition it was in prior to construction, and keeping the right of way free and clear of encroachments and obstructions.


Are inspections required? And do I need a licensed electrician?

An inspection is required for all new electric service installations and any time we disconnect service for an electrical contractor to work on your electric equipment. Please check with your local inspecting authority for specific requirements and restrictions.  The inspection report must be sent to OG&E directly from the inspecting authority. 

What do primary, secondary, and service mean?

Primary is any main line with a voltage over 832V. Available primary voltages are 2.4/4.16kV, 7.2/12.5kV, 14.4/24.9kV, and 19.9/34.5kV.
Secondary is defined as the line coming off of the transformer, distributing voltages under 832V. Available secondary voltages are 120/240 1ph, 120/208 1ph, 208/120 3ph, 240/120 3ph, 480/240 3ph, 480/277 3ph, and 832/480 3ph.
Service is defined as the line from the secondary junction to the meter.

Construction Standards
Where do I put temporary pole or locate meter?
1. If temp meter will be served overhead then the meter pole must be installed within 100’ of an overhead transformer station or secondary. See Temp Pole Standards

Overhead Transformer Station:



2. If temp meter will be fed underground, the meter pole must be installed within 2’ of a pedestal. See Temp Pole Standards


Typical Single Phase Pedestal

What are OG&E’s construction fees?

Each job is different. An OG&E representative will determine if any fees apply to your project. If you’d like an estimate, please see chart below:   
As a general rule of thumb for residential construction, the cost normally starts accumulating after 300 feet from nearest OGE facility.


Cost Estimates

    • ​OH > 300' = $9.00
    • UG > 300' = $15.00
    • ​OH = $18.00
    • UG = $23.00